Major responsibilities of the Maintenance, Engineering and Reliability (MER) Society include:
- Organizing MeMO (Maintenance/Engineering – Mine Operators) Conferences, in conjunction with other Societies, the hosting CIM Branch, and CIM National
- Promoting, chairing and soliciting papers for Technical Sessions at the CIM Conference & Exhibition
- Administering awards and scholarship programs
- Providing peer review of technical papers for publication
All of these activities, as well as keeping abreast of a changing industry while trying to anticipate future needs of the Society, make for a full program within the executive.
The objectives of the Maintenance, Engineering and Reliability (MER) Society are:
- To provide a forum for Society members to share their knowledge and seek information on maintenance and engineering topics within the Society, throughout the rest of CIM, and with external bodies;
- To promote the improvement of maintenance and engineering standards through peer review of technical papers, public and private industry presentations of technology and best practice topics;
- To encourage individuals to join the mining industry through the award of scholarship
- To provide recognition for engineering and maintenance excellence, participation and contribution through awards;
- To serve as a resource and support body to mine operating personnel, consulting engineers and designers, and suppliers of mine equipment;
- To improve safety and minimize risks through the application of engineering principles and maintenance practice in the mining industry, by promoting the adoption of approved methods and devices.
The engineering disciplines covered by the Society are the fields of Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation, Chemical, Computer Sciences, Material Sciences, Manufacturing and related disciplines.
If you have any questions or require more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or any of the MER Executives.
To learn more about MER Society of CIM, please check out: